Friday, November 18, 2011

final project, progress 1



I plan to make a plant that lifts its branches towards people when they approach. Each branch will be a piece of wire mounted to a servo motor, with five or six branches total (I just bought some servos online; I expect to receive them right after Thanksgiving at the latest). My sensors are photocells. The first video shows one servo and sensor, with a wire attached. I think the servo can bear more weight, but I was just using scotch tape for the test and that tape isn't very strong. The second video shows two servos, each with their own photocell. I switched to bits of paper for the test, as the wires were getting in the way.

I plan to use a Mega for this, as I will have five or six photocells and motors. I will make small, delicate leaves out of copper sheet, give them a blue/green patina, and solder them to the wire branches. I plan to make some kind of pot or container for the plant to be sticking out of, with the wiring, Mega, and battery hidden inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment