Monday, August 22, 2011

Ask the questions0822 2011 by Dan Dan

Describe a piece of art or an interactive experience that used electronics as a medium that made an impression on you or that you remember.


Two and a half years ago, I saw a artwork online. It's an interactive light environment art work published in London.

The work showed many huge lighting bulbs(Larger then people) floating in the air, which are pure illusion created by projectors. The color of the light would be changed constantly while the people was moving around the lighting bulbs.


Describe any previous experiences with electronics and sensors.


I don't have too much experiences with electronics and sensors. The only experience I had this summer is that I designed an storytelling design project for AIGA 2011 Seed Awards Exhibition in MODA (Museum of Design). I used camera to work as an "motion sensor" in order to capture the motion and shadow of people when they were interactive with this piece.


If you not in Digital Media and taking this class, what are your reasons for taking this class and what do you hope to make?


I am from Graphic Design. My work is about question/experimental design projects. It is more like design methodology research. Right now, I focus on the exploration of the means/ways/methods of storytelling. I think this class can give me another perspective about storytelling which is very different from the perspective in design area. Also I am interested in interactive topic. I believe there is a big potential to generate a new way of thinking which will make an influence my research.





No comments:

Post a Comment