Sunday, August 28, 2011

Getting Started in Electronics Ch. 1

First can we discuss how bizarre it is to read a book handwritten on line paper? No, but seriously, I really enjoy the organization, hand drawings, and frequent Radio Shack references. Much of the introductory chapter was review from my high school physics course, but it's always good to have review. I certainly remember memorizing V=I*R, etc. The study of valence electrons was also a review from high school chemistry. Since there was an assignment on page 15, I thought I'd try it here. 25 words or less- The "motor" is created by a circuit where current flows from 9 volt battery to nail and coil and electrons are attracted to positive contact. On page 16 is a different take on something I'm very interested in, LED throwies! http://graffitiresearchlab.com/projects/led-throwies/ With a small cell battery taped to an LED and a magnet, you can throw light onto a metal building, bridge, etc. to add a colorful light display. I hope to learn a lot of other cool things I can do with electricity like our lemon battery!

No comments:

Post a Comment