Monday, August 22, 2011

Samuel Lopez De Victoria

Cory Arcangel's Nintendo hacks were what originally caught my attention of digital media being an art form of itself. His Super Mario and white clouds got my attention during a young age when I didn't know too much about contemporary art. Because of these pieces I started to do self investigation of other forms of digital art and became fascinated with experiential interactivity.

I have a small computer science background but most of what I know in terms of coding and electronics is primarily self taught. A majority of the stuff I have worked on is USB or "plug and play" and alot less circuit based. I spent a small amount of time working on Arduino, but not enough to be comfortable with it yet.

The digital media major is something I'm hoping will expand what I already know and also teach me a large amount of what I don't know. I'm primarily interested in unusual methods of interaction at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment