Sunday, December 6, 2009

Alarms and junk

Alright, so... this thing is pretty big and perhaps even cumbersome...? I won't be able to attach it too anything really small. But anyway...

I'm gonna bring in some stuff tomorrow to try to figure out the best way to attach it to the piece. The code still works fine, I just hope it stays that way...

I tried this morning attaching it to the inside of one of my hats, because I was thinking of the idea of self awareness during prayer/falling asleep in public settings, both of which involve the head tilting forward, which would activate the sensor. It didn't work because the hat was too small. :/ Hmm. I guess I should try something a little different. Or try a bigger hat.

As far the object interaction thing I mentioned before, I thought of another (more specific) idea. It goes more with the idea of self awareness or bringing attention to oneself while participating in an action that many would consider 'taboo'. I was thinking of integrating the setup into like a dirty magazine, so that whenever someone opens it the alarm would go off, drawing the attention of everyone else in the vicinity. So the person would have to decide if it was still worth it to participate in this activity if everyone knew about it, or if they even cared if other people knew. The only problem with this idea is I don't have any magazines like that, and it'd be sort of embarrassing to ask for/purchase one... But I think taboo (or what different people consider taboo) actions in general would be a more engaging theme than just bad habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment