Saturday, December 5, 2009

Sounds and junk

Just thought I'd post a little about the project.

I mentioned before how I was working with tilt sensors. So far, when I tilt the circuitboard I have it so that an alarm like tone goes off. 's pretty loud too, which is good. Depending on the final version I might add another one for good measure, but I dunno if that's too excessive.

I'm pretty excited about the whole idea of the tilt activating the alarm, now I'm even thinking that it could go in more directions than just bad habits. Self-awareness can refer to a lot of things. For instance, prayer in public places. I often become self conscious when I tilt my head forward and close my eyes when other people could be/are watching. Or even the idea of viewing an object in a public, quiet gallery setting. How would such an experience change if a sharp noise would occur each time someone interacted with the piece? People would probably stare, the act of viewing art would become less personal, and it'd probably attract a lot of attention from museum patrons from the other displays. I dunno, all of a sudden I have new ideas. I think the most important thing now is to sift through them, figure out which is best, and figure out what it would 'mean' to make a sensor study out of it. Hmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment