Monday, December 21, 2009

Doet 5

The six different types of slips are

Capture errors (something more frequently done dominates) - typing a common word instead of a rarely typed one.
Description Errors (when your mind generalizes too much) - today
Data driven (when one type of data overwrites another)- Typing dialogue from a movie into something i am typing
Associative Activation Errors (doing something based on similar triggers) - In the morning when my alarm goes off, I normally snooze the first one. However, I believe I sometimes will snooze every alarm if I am not awake enough to realize the situation.
Loss of Activation Errors (forgetting mission)- I often end up wanting to google something on my computer and I end up forgetting to do it and then I am on youtube.
Mode Errors (too many fuctions) - today I put in a dvd that had two sides. I tried to put the correct side in, but I accidentally flipped it around when putting it on a tray.

Flowchart
observe the piece and cutout of hand > realize that ones hand is meant to be placed there > Place hand there and have sensor read skin > read result >get stamped by performer > think about result
There are potentials for error when a person has to touch their arm to the sensors, it doesn't look friendly to touch or heavy duty enough.

Memorize/retrieve info recently I have had to do a lot of studying for art history exams. These are unique tests in which you have to memorize both an image and information about it in order to do well. In order to remember this information, I have to do a flash card method without shuffling. I also will verbally announce the information in order to hear the info too. In order to remember one card, I have to relate it to other cards around it. A structure of 120 card existing in my head each with artist, title, and date has to be arranged in a nice grid.

The Connectionist approach is an interesting theory that memories are generalized over time and averaged, while unique events are separated out. Its like when I look back on high school classes there is a stereotypical classroom with desks, and sometimes individual ones with familiar faces, but I can rarely remember specific days unless something really unique happened.

stuctures - from my understanding, a wide structure has many decisions to be made before the next is reached. A narrow structure has few choices or may only have a single yes or no answer that needs to be given. A shallow structure has very few steps or following instructions to it. A restaurant menu has many different meals, but once one is chosen, the meal is served. A deep structure means that a menu might ask what meat you want, and what noodles you want with it, and other things you might want to add. Our group project has a narrow and somewhat deep approach. People have to decide if they want to approach the object and then if they want to put their arm up to it. Its all a linear arrangement of yes no questions.

A person must perform few actions when viewing our piece simultaneously. they have to comfortably hold their hand up to a sensor while waiting for feedback from a light saying when the reading is complete. They have to trust the piece will not harm them and that it is working.

No comments:

Post a Comment