Saturday, December 12, 2009

final project internet material

Here some Websites that I thought I would use for my final project. The most basic ideas in my project evolved an electronic mirror with unusual functionality in relation to the installations specific space/time. This first site got me excited about the potential of proximity sensors. The video shows that two Ping sensors can together locate an objects exact x,y,z location. With the use of two sensor one could transform a spaces walls (an unassuming ally, stairwell, tree face) subtly to include reactions such as sounds and images(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VgqolVKOzM). The Second site uses a pedometer to control the bpm of a video. I'm huge fan of good and bad video art and this could give me an excuse to shoot a bank of short and bizarre video pieces that could respond to a Proximity Sensor rather then the pedometer used in the video(http://courses.ischool.berkeley.edu/i262/f09/?q=node/481).

No comments:

Post a Comment