Sunday, October 25, 2009

Braindrizzle

So for the final project I was hit with the idea to use a tv or lcd screen of some sort. I can't say what set it off for sure, but I wanted it to be a project where someone sat down in a big Archie Bunker-like chair, and as soon as they did the tv would turn off. The tv would already be on, no remote in site, and when they sat down it would turn off. If they got up, it would turn back on again. There would be nothing but white noise on the screen.

I wouldn't put a remote there, because I don't want people concentrating on the remote. i don't want them to think they have to fix the tv or figure out the right button to push on the remote. That's not what this is about. I want it to be about relaxation. Your mind can't really relax while you are watching television, however once you turn the tv off you mind can naturally relax. So by doing this project, if the person sits down (relaxes) then the tv can't be on.If the person stands up however (opposite of relaxation) then the tv is back on. So...yeah I figure that's the direction I'm going with this.

I saw a bunch of tutorials about how to wire the arduino with lcds and whatnot and Katerie said it's possible to wire one to a tv if I'm not trying to make the tv functional, so I'll keep researching that. also I know I need those force sensors Don's group has so I'll prob ably buy those to experiment with and see what I need to do.

What I need to do:

Get cheap tv set/lcd screen (whichever can work)
Get force sensors
Figure out how the arduino connects these two
Get chair OR make a material patch that matches one of the chairs already upstairs and sew it on, OR make a cushion for one of the chairs and tie it on to them. So I have an ideal plan, a back up plan, and a back up plan for the back up plan. Now more research just needs to be done. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment