Saturday, October 24, 2009

proudest moment with technology

Well, it looks like i never posted on my proudest moment with technology wayyyy back from the beginning of the semester, so here it goes...

i had already mentioned this in another post, but certainly my proudest moment with technology was the first time my self taught/ self designed steam engine worked. I had spent several weeks researching and designing this machine, and I literally had dozens of people tell me that it wouldn't work and that I should quit, or that it was a silly idea-but i kept working... In the end I realized that I had basically designed every part of the machine myself as no one really understood enough about such a old technology to even offer me advice. To be honest i had pretty much given in to the fact that this steam engine that I was building would never actually work, but for some reason I kept on working at it. Then, as if by a miracle, the thing started!


here is a link to a youtube video I made of my little machine.

http://www.youtube.com/user/dh4us#p/a/u/1/rk8rTqhvIR0

No comments:

Post a Comment