Monday, October 12, 2009

DOET 5

What are the six different varieties of slips? Give a real life example of each (not one found in book).

Capture Errors:

The other day I left the woodshop to go use the restroom, but instead of going to the rest room I left the building, and went to my car.

Description Errors:

The other day I was eating at chopsticks and I picked up a pair of chopsticks with both hands and held them like a knife and fork.

Data-Driven:

The other day I saw a friend across the street, and instead of yelling "Hey" I sent him a text message.

Associative Activation Errors:

My cell phone alarm went off one morning, and I hit my Alarm clock to try and make it stop.

Los-of-activation:

I went to the woodshop to get a hammer, when I got there I never got a hammer, instead I just walked around aimlessly for about 15 minutes.

Mode Error:

I was trying to drill a hole into a wall, and I failed to notice that the drill was set in Reverse!


Connectionist Approach:

The connectionist approach is a newer theory of how the brain and memory functions. It is based on idea that our brains work off of a cocmplex array of neurons. each neuron is concted to many other neurons, which are connected to even more neurons... basically, every thought and experience is programed onto one or several neurons, and then these thoughts/experiences are shared between inter-connected neurons. basically, every new experience evokes numerous neurons to fire, causing new associations to build based on all the older ones...i think...

Create a flowchart diagram of the set of interactions a person will undertake when interacting with your groups piece. Where are the potentials for error?

The main issue with our piece is that the viewer may fail to actually touch our piece because they will be scared to touch a "piece of Art" on the wall. We believe that our title will limit this risk as the title will be designed to evoke the idea of touching the piece.


How do you personally memorize/retrieve information? Give examples.

I cannot explain how I memorize/retrieve information, except that I know that I am particularly bad at memorizing flash cards..i cant force info into my brain, if im interested in something, i will pick it up very easily, but if im forced to memorize something i have no interest in, i will fail.

Explain what is meant by the expressions, wide and deep structures and shallow structures. What are the potentials for each or perhaps only one of these types of structure in your group’s project?

Wide structures are ones with many initial options, deep structures are ones with increasing options and shallow structures have few options in total. Our piece will ultimately be a shallow structure as there are relatively few actions to take to interact with it. you can really only touch our piece, either lightly/gently, or you can touch it HARD!

What activities must a person perform simultaneously when “doing” your groups’s project? our viewers must approach the piece, interact with it, touch it, sense our object's response, respond to it's actions, and think about the implications of this two-way interaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment