Monday, October 26, 2009

Final Project Idea

My idea for the final project is still pretty basic at this point. I would like to comment on how reliant on computers people have become. It can be a good thing, having infinite information at your fingertips, but it can also be negative when you count of your computer to do everything for you. The new search engine "Bing" boasts that it'll make decisions for you and their tag line really affected me. I was thinking for the project that I would like to make some sort of fortune teller run by an arduino. I've found a few tutorials on making one but I would customize it. The tutorials tend to make it a stand alone entity. I would like to have mine somehow incorporated with the computer. Possibly a button on the keyboard could trigger a decision to come up on a little LCD screen located at the bottom of your monitor. At it's core it's a glorified 8 ball giving you generic instructions to keep you on track during the day. For example you could hit the button and it would say "Get off Facebook and get back to work" or "You should stay in tonight and work on your project." All of the instructions it'd give you are things that you can figure out on your own pointing out the fact that we don't need to rely on our computers for everything.

Again this is just a first idea but I'd like to continue developing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment