Sunday, October 18, 2009

DOET 5.

Capture error: When two sequences have similar beginnings, but their end goals get crossed up... Uh, this happens sometimes after I take a shower at night, I mean to put on my night clothes, but I subconsciously think it's morning and start putting on the clothes I just took off beforehand (day clothes). Weird.

Description error: When an action has much in common with others possible at the moment. Once I had a bowl of cereal before me, and the orange juice and milk were both to the side. I almost poured orange juice into my cereal...

Data-driven error: Errors that occur in automatic actions. In high school instead of turning the lock on the locker to match the combination, I might've accidentally turned it to match the number inscribed on the front of the locker door.

Associative activation errors: Errors caused by internal thoughts/associations affecting actions. I write stories alot in my free time. Sometimes when my sister or someone else is talking to me/someone else in the room, instead of writing what I originally intended to write I write what she's saying.

Loss of activation errors: Forgetting part of a sequence of acts. I know I had to go the bank and get small bills for some reason, but I couldn't remember why...

Mode Errors: Errors resulting from devices having different functions under different conditions. In the Mario & Luigi game I bought recently, the B button has different purposes. In general it's used to exit or back out of menus or cancel things (which is how it's used in most games). In a battle sequence B cotrols Luigi's actions. On occasion I get confused and try to cancel my actions, but instead I unintentionally cause Luigi to attack.

Errors might occur in the process of the audience trying to use the sensor ("How close does my arm need to be?" or "Which part of the device needs to be touched?" etc.), but other than that the room for error seems pretty narrow. It's largely a piece based on the audience's reaction, in a lot of ways.

I try to memorize things based on order/sequence. The other day I was studying dates for paintings in Art History, and I remembered them mostly by the date that came before it. Thing is, this is sort of a flawed method because the paintings are going to be in a different order on the actual test.

The connectionist approach is a theory of memory/cognition that is based on the interconnected...ness of the parts of the brain--with cells grouped together, and each cell connected to other complex groupings.

Wide and deep structures are representations for complex decision processes, such as all of the possibilities that can occur from one move in a game. The structure is wide because the array of decisions that can be made and deep because of the possibilities that could result from each decision. Shallow structures depict simple alternatives, however the diffculty comes from the vast number of them, like deciding which flavor drink to get at a restaurant. Our project would mostly be an example of a shallow structure--you pretty much realize you have to put your arm under ther sensor, from there the light and stamp are automatic.

The audience would have to put their arm under the sensor, while simultaneously awaiting the machine's response. They expect something to happen, they're just not entirely sure what. Then the light blinks and they get stamped, and their "judging" process occurs.

No comments:

Post a Comment