Monday, October 12, 2009

What are the six different varieties of slips? Give a real life example of each (not one found in book).

 

Capture Error: If I’m writing and I hear someone say something I sometimes write their word.

 

Description Errors

I’ve tried unlocking a door with the wrong key and its very frustrating.

 

Data Driven Errors

Sometimes when I type my passwords in really fast I accidentally type the wrong thing… I do this a few times before finally slowing down.

 

Associative Activation Errors

My cell phone ring is a song on the radio so when that song comes on I always check my phone.

 

Loss of Activation Errors

I was walking into WalMart with my roommate. I had something important to buy so I asked my roommate, “Don’t let me forget to buy…” then I forgot. I searched almost every aisle and couldn’t remember until I got home and needed it.

 

Mode Errors

The self timer on my camera doesn’t always go off, so sometimes I’ll set it on self-timer, press the button, then sit there until I realize that it didn’t fully press.

 

Create a flowchart diagram of the set of interactions a person will undertake when interacting with your groups piece. Where are the potentials for error?

 

Some people might not realize that you can change the image on the screen by turning the knob… but since it looks like a TV I don’t think that will really be an issue.

 

How do you personally memorize/retrieve information? Give examples.

 

I am a visual learner for sure! For my insects class I had to draw little bugs with the characteristics of the species in order to memorize them.

 

What is the connectionist approach?

 

Its kind of generalizing many familiar scenes as one in your mind. They all blend together, not as separate events, but as one event.

 

Explain what is meant by the expressions, wide and deep structures and shallow structures. What are the potentials for each or perhaps only one of these types of structure in your group’s project?

 

Wide and deep structures are things have many different options. An example would be telephone numbers. Area codes, however, are less deep. Our project has more shallow options because there is just one dial with a few colors. However, they get to choose the speed, which is infinite.

 

What activities must a person perform simultaneously when “doing” your groups’s project?

 

Just watching the animation and turning the dial.

No comments:

Post a Comment