Wednesday, August 27, 2014

There Will Come Soft Rains : Reading Response & Sensor Walk Images


Compare and contrast your daily interaction with technology with those of the story. Use examples from both your life and the story. Generally what is your attitude towards your/our dependence and integration with everyday technology.

Ray Bradbury's short story, There Will Come Soft Rains, was not exactly a story to which I could relate literally. My home is not live, and capable of taking care of itself. I depend on my home and it depends on me. The house in Bradbury's short story was quite independent, until it ran out of water. That is something quite intriguing, that water was what kept it from dying to that point--if I remember correctly. Personally, I like to imagine that everything that exists has its own sort of life energy, even if its inanimate. In terms of interacting with technology, I feel that my laptop, my cell phone, and my Nintendo 3DS can be considered as some of my very best friends. They are more reliable than a lot of humans I interact with after all. I depend on the three, and my interaction with them gives them life. Without me, they wouldn't have their purposes and wouldn't have the same energy vibes they emit. Several people think it dangerous to be linked to technology so closely, but I believe it is a necessity with the advancing times. As long as everyone practices balance between technology and appreciating the natural environment.
 
Sensor Walk Images 




No comments:

Post a Comment