Monday, August 25, 2014

Introductory Post

Experience in electronics??

I'm super excited for this class! I really enjoy tinkering with little things and have always wanted to try an Arduino :) As far as past experience, I have made a couple small electronic doodads with LEDs and a musical instrument called a Theremin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theremin) through soldering on small pre made circuit boards. I have also taken a digital logic class where we learned all about gates, and used bread boards and components a little bit to make physical models of the algorithms we were working on. But it was mostly computer engineering based and not art related.

What is thus stuff and how do I hold it all??

- Bubble wrap
- USB cable
- Colorful Wires with pins
- A servo (little motor?)
- Small breadboard
- Bag o' resistors, LEDs, and other weird components
- Arduino
- Motor
- Plug to convert a battery to power the Arduino
- Instruction book

~*woo*~

No comments:

Post a Comment