Monday, August 25, 2014

Intro to Sensors and Electronics

Describe a piece of art or an interactive experience that used electronics as a medium that made an impression on you or that you remember. Describe any previous experiences with electronics and sensors.
What do expect to learn or what sorts of ideas do you hope to realize with the knowledge that you learn in this class?

Personally, I do not have any experience with electronics and sensors. Still I have always admired aspiring engineers (friends and family) for their works with circuits. That I have to opportunity to get my foot in the door is thrilling. I still remember the time I spent as a little one, with my late Uncle, opening up radios and trying to figure how they worked or could get fixed. 

I expect to learn my way around a circuit board and how to bring it to life. This is a totally new realm for me, so I'm very much excited. A few things from the Arduino kit that a recognized included a USB cord, a small motor, mini LED lights, and wires used for soldering maybe? Also I had been chatting with a computer hardware engineering friend over the summer. He hadn't been familiar with the arts, but told me to expect to work with an Arduino kit in this course, if we were dealing with sensors.  Can't wait to compare my below minimal knowledge now, to the knowledge I will have gained by the end of the semester. 

No comments:

Post a Comment