Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Reading

Reading Response:
I think this reading calls attention to the alerts and notifications that continue on in daily life.  The constant chiming in on the time and the order of the day allows me to think about the organization of which technology places us. Also in this busy world and other life that is happening all around us making way through the chaotic noise is what the build of this story creates. "When all the voices chime in" it's almost eery to think about so much happening around you at once.

Video Response:
I can't wait to start working with Electronics Im so excited! That make channel is awesome and a easy reference. The older video I find a little difficult to pay attention to however It is information that I mostly knew already just have never put into my action in anyway.

Katerie's Blog Response:
I always say that I like to use technology as a tool rather then a crutch and then I feel weird after saying that because technology isn't just a smart phone and a computer its forks, wheels, can openers, ect I just think there needs to be a difference first of all. This story goes along the lines of digital technology that is used and integrated within our lives and sometimes interrupting our lives. When in my pervious response I mentioned how they called out the time of the day constantly and how it is alarming and instant. Well so are all the notifications that we attended to on a daily basis. For me I am going to admit that I like to have the accessibility of technology at my finger tips. I don't want to loose control of technology however It I do think there is the healthy balance between a tool and a crutch. I like to use it but I do become weary of relaying on it for survival. I think this class will be interesting because it almost as if the roles are reversed and we get to make our own gadgets beep and buzz.




No comments:

Post a Comment