Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Reading Response

The reading had an interesting pace to which we were reading. It was quite an eerie way to think about technology being such an influence upon our lives. It made me think of my own life and how I do have a strong dependence on technology. In many ways my needs for technology were the same for those of the story. I need my phone on a daily basis. It is the only way I can talk to people around me who do not live in Gainesville. But the more I thought about my dependence and this story the more I got a little worried. I wait by my phone for a little notification to come up. My body is tuned to react to the notification vibration. I wake up to the same alarm from my phone every morning, I check some blogs to wake up, and then I check the weather, I check the time before I go to school, I check the bus location before I get on the bus. I'm not sure if I would be able to go a day without it. The reading was alarming because it alarmed me; counting down the time with every paragraph. The story did have a bit more technology then I think I have in my apartment but the fact that this growing want for convenience, makes society less reliant on themselves and giving these tasks we would think as trivial to something else. It is something to worry about as time continues and technology pushes on to no stopping point.

No comments:

Post a Comment