Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Reading..tick tock

There are quite a few questions that are swirling through my head after reading that passage. Where was the family? Charred wall? Does that mean there was some kind of explosion? With the family gone the smart-house kept completing the daily routines because it did not know any better. What happened to the outside world that left that house isolated? The passage was quite addictive I must admit and the fact that the house ended up in a fiery grave only further makes me question what fire has to do with death.


Comparison:
In my life I do not have many things that are automatic, unlike in the story where the house automatically cooked breakfast, cleaned, told the time, etc. I am not sure that I would ever want to live in a house like that, I believe that I would eventually lose some sanity from the constant voices speaking from the house. One of the only things I own in my life that actually is automatic with its purpose are my bluetooth headphones. These headphones do not have a cord connected to my iPod, they are classified as wireless. At the press of one button they turn on, immediately connect to my iPod saying, "headphones connected" then they begin playing music from the music library. Other than that almost all of the technology I use in todays world I have to manually use, no technology I have or use can practically think on its own like the house in the story. Now whether the house was programmed to a specific routine or not I am not sure, but it definitely has a power and intelligence that I have never dealt with.

No comments:

Post a Comment