Monday, August 26, 2013

Multimeter



I followed the tutorial, and got all the results you need but I am still definitely confused about what exactly is going on here. It feels like I am measuring the same abstract "electricity" every time. Just changing the settings on the Multimeter does not inform me in any visceral way of the change. I hope I can understand it better as we apply the concepts more. Baby steps. It's really interesting learning all of this though I have never learned so much as electricity basics in my entire life.

In the photos you can see how the voltage in one of those off-brand batteries indicates it is nearly dead or was always faulty, I can't be sure. Now I want a multimeter to see how dead my batteries really are, or if they come half-dead already...

I also found that the brown resistors we have have a resistanece of around 5.5 K, different from the ones in the tutorial. Also note I don't know the measurement terms at all, but i'm pretty sure I put "K" at the end of that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment