Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Electronics Concepts and Experience

I interpret the word "electronics" to include anything that runs through the use of electricity. That could include a simple light bulb, a complex smartphone, a satellite guided missile targeting system, or anything in between. They accept input (a switch flipping, a typed command, etc) and use power to perform a predesignated task in response.
Electronics are everywhere in our society now, so the list of experience with them is pretty extensive. I'm using a computer and keyboard to type this right now, and viewing what I type on a monitor. That said, I have interacted with a lot of electronic devices before but I've never really tried to build or design any of them. The closest I would say I've gotten was in Programming for Artists last Spring, in which we used Processing and Javascript to create apps that responded to input from a keyboard and mouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment