Wednesday, August 21, 2013

History of Electronics and Me

Born December 1990, I have a long history of interaction with electronics, so much so that in my course of my life I literally have not lived in a world without them.

My first complete sentence was "Mommy I want my TV" so that gives you an idea.

A list of physical interaction with electronics i can think of:

Pressing buttons (tv, video games, microwaves, computers)

Switching buttons (light switch, lamps, computers)

Touching and tapping screens (i remember how impressed i was with my first nintendo DS- it was my first experience with a touch screen and I was in awe of how "revolutionary" it was)

Wires and plugging said wires in (this can be annoying and dangerous and serves as a sharp reminder that electronics are indeed powered by something real and not just magical)

Speaking to electronics (telephone, and less so computers honestly voice recognition is getting there but it's not there yet. this also includes yelling at computers and such in a rage. it never fixed anything.)

Digital "entry"(what i mean is slide cards to get into rooms etc. i remember being kind of disturbed at my first experience with this- at a hotel we got a slide card instead of a real key for the first time, and i remember thinking "like what if the power goes out how will we get into our room?!")

Jamming wireless devices together (this is most commonly done with the aforementioned DS systems. even today we sometimes bump them together when the local wireless isn't working fast enough. we all know that makes no difference but somehow it makes you feel productive)

Opening screens (aka laptops but actually the first machine I had that could be "opened" and "closed" was my game boy advance SP, a kind of mini-laptop that only plays games, now that i think about it)

Touching keys (keyboard- i never learned to type right. i am pecking right now. i can "blind" type really well though even with pecking i know the locations of all the keys in my memory)

That's all I can think of right now but that list goes on!

No comments:

Post a Comment