Wednesday, August 21, 2013

My Electronic History 8-21-13

I don't remember too much about the electronics I had as a kid. I know that I had a couple cool toys that I loved like my Easy Bake oven and my Fisher-Price pull the lever toy that made various farm animal sounds. These things definitely do not compare to the modern technologies nowadays such as iPods, cell phones, and video game systems but they did the same purpose as all these things. That is to keep me entertained and busy. Technologies in this era serve much more of a bigger purpose than just entertainment. They are used as a learning tool and some even assist in living a healthier and active lifestyle such as the Leap Pad and Nintendo Wii.

I've noticed that over the years as technology grows and grows, becoming more and more advanced, the way we interact with it drastically changes. Things in years past had more tangible things to interact with such as buttons, levers, or switches. But now, pretty much everything is touch screen such as cell phones, computers, and other devices. Sometimes I miss this physical interaction instead of everything always being touchy touchy. Now more than ever my experience with electronics has been akin to this because of the generation I've grown up in.

No comments:

Post a Comment