Thursday, December 4, 2014

final project ideas

So after the last brain project, I would like to continue doing something with sensors and the brain. I just think that learning about the brain through EEGs, brainwaves, MRI scans, ... is really cool and can be translated well through sensor technology.

Plan A was to do a video. I'd like people to talk into the speaker and be able to see a video of what their brain would be doing as it was interpreting the sounds they were making. However, there is hardly any code out there describing any kind of sensor triggering a video. I think it might be too difficult to do over a week's period.

Plan B is to do something involving brainwaves and possibly the sound(s) that the brain makes as it is interpreting sound. I really liked this idea when it was suggested in class to me. What I'm thinking about doing is having the same brain structure but without all of the medical stuff. I want it to be a more personal setting; perhaps I would have the brain (still on the tray) on a small table with a chair facing it. Then I would have over-the-head headphones (whatever the non-bud ones are called) connected from somewhere inside the brain (I still don't want people to see the arduino stuff inside of it). When viewers speak to the brain, then, I would have sounds coming through the headphones, almost like you could hear the sounds the brain was making as it was interpreting the noise. It would kind of be like you were having a conversation with this brain. I need to do more research on different frequency noises but I know I want to base the sounds off of EEG scans and other wavelength measurements of the brain. The noises will also be based off of the sound threshold that the viewer is giving off.

No comments:

Post a Comment