Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Final Project Process 1.2

I had to abandon my initial project concept because of timing. I was not able to get a piece of code working with a proximity sensor and a stepper motor in order to have the technology portion of my camera obscura working. I have decided to go in a very different direction, using the technology and sensor from the initial project and re-imagined into a new form.

I started thinking the first project's technology as far as a plush fabric object embedded with the pressure sensors and began considering alternative objects to make out of fabric normally made from other materials. From a sculptural standpoint, the obelisk came to mind as something normally much larger in scale and made from stone. Here is some of my visual research:









From here I thought about creating an obelisk from a fabric material and changing the scale to make a more personal object. I thought about the obelisk as being a signifier for a personal sign or landmark. With these ideas in mind I set out on a trip for fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment