Monday, December 1, 2014

Project 1: Process Videos

Here are a few process videos of my first project.

My first test with a maxbotix rangefinder. I just wanted to work from a basic level. What I really needed to figure was how to take advantage of the different ranges. If I could manipulate the information it would release at different ranges, I would be set.



When we went to Skycraft I found this DC motor and had to grab it. Back then, I considered creating a kinetic sculpture. I still have the kit and intend to use it for at least our installation course. But I would have simulated flying figures with this. It has a lot of potential and versatility:


Here I tested the rangefinder's readings with an LED. I found a reliable website that posted this simple project and followed it: http://www.taezoo.com/xe/6441
That website is pretty neat. And this basic project gave me a better understanding of how my the technology works. Now I would only have to work towards using sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment