Monday, August 24, 2015

First Day of Class

Describe a piece of art or an interactive experience that used electronics as a medium that made an impression on you or that you remember
Describe any previous experiences with electronics and sensors.What do expect to learn or what sorts of ideas do you hope to realize with the knowledge that you learn in this class?

An interactive experience that really made an impression on me was a room from the museum of Earth Sciences that I visited when I was a child. The room was dark, with a screen on one wall that created shapes based on the silhouette of the viewer. I wasted so much time in that room and I will never regret it. 


In middle school I remember taking a wheel class where we learned about basic transistors and soldering basic circuits. I made a small LED circuit that looked like a face. I named him Mr. Blinky, because the two LEDs that it had for eyes blinked. I still have him, and he works. I love him.

In High school I was a member of the robotics club. It mostly involved eating nachos and sanding down PVC piping in an attempt to make a robot that could play basketball. We made a lego robot capable of navigating environments with the use of sensors, and also another non-lego, larger robot which we entered into a robot-fight that involved no spinning blades or fire. We didn't win but we did make a valiant attempt. We called ourselves the inzombiacs. http://inzombiacsrobotics.com

me from my club days.
What do I expect to learn? Honestly I'm still holding out for an army of robots, but learning out how to make neat interactive art would be nice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment