Monday, August 24, 2015

Intro to Sensors Questions

-I haven't been exposed to that many pieces of interactive art, but I do remember going to the META class's show during Summer A where they had a piece that left an impression on me. They had a stuffed toy bear that you hugged as tightly as you could, the pressure was captured and lit up an indicator at the top that gave you a comical title.
-I personally have almost no experience with electronics. I have a faint memory from my 4th grade project for which my dad, an electrical engineer, helped me to wire a sensor into a cardboard road that would make a sound when a paper car with a magnet (Maybe it was a magnet?) ran over it.
-I'm really excited to learn about wiring circuits and having them do what you hope they will. I remember seeing them around a lot as a kid when I would visit my dad at Motorola and just being amazed that those little boards made an electronic device work. I also am really interested in learning how to make LEDs work because a lot of people who do the same sort of crafts as me are venturing into incorporating LEDs. I'm really excited for all of it, and just hoping that I learned enough from programming. (I think I did, at least how to logically work out what sort of code I will need to find and alter.)

No comments:

Post a Comment