Monday, August 24, 2015

1st Day of Class

Describe a piece of art or an interactive experience that used electronics as a medium that made an impression on you or that you remember

  1. In Charlie's META class spring semester, my team and I created a very memorable electronic based art piece.  It was a carnival style game in which how hard you squeezed the toy bear, it gave you a rating on how much you damaged a cute, small animal.  It was a commentary on animal abuse and how we want to "squeeze" something when it's really cute.  

Describe any past experiences with electronics and sensors

  1. Again, in Charlie's class we worked with sodering (spelling?) and Arduino kits in which we had daily homework assignments for circuit activities.  

What do you expect to learn in this class

  1. I would love to expand my learning in electronic arts and especially interactive arts. You completely expand your options to create art when you learn how to incorporate LED's on and off switches and having pieces perform specific tasks.  For example, I would really like to create a changing color LED wall art piece for my home and this class would be able to help me create many other pieces like that.   

No comments:

Post a Comment