Wednesday, November 11, 2009

conceptualizing on space, time, reality, objecthood, theatricality, zombies and beyond.

For my project I have begun to lean towards making a wall piece that will emit light, getting bright as a person approaches it. I have been working with 1-meter units of length and light in my sculpture, so for this piece I believe I will make a 1 meter beam of light that "floats" or hangs on the wall. The object will also incorporate some sort of a inscription that will only be visible at close proximity dealing with themes of the speed of light and space. The object will also emit a quiet metronome-like sound on a 1 second cycle to push the idea of time in seconds. As of right now I am trying to get the IR sensor and ultrasonic Ping sensor working to see how they work, and how people could interact with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment