Monday, November 16, 2009

Final Project Updatttee

The Myvu glasses came in and I've been messing around with them to get a feel of how well they will work for my project. It seems as though they will work as a vision alternative for my project. The issue I'm going to have is mating a stripped webcam to them without having a computer or video processor in between. I'm not sure that webcams output a component signal or an unprocessed signal, probably unprocessed haha. Anyway, class over, gonna edit this later....

I picked up an Xbox 360 Live vision webcam and took it apart to find out how compact i can get it, and it looks, assuming the video output works for me, to be a small enough size to mount it to the Myvu glasses. I'm currently working on figuring out the power and video out pins on the camera. I'll post more info and pictures once I figure it out better... stay tunedddd.

No comments:

Post a Comment