Monday, November 16, 2009

Project Update

Made a partial prototype, got my motors to work with buttons, using a code involving a servo library. This time the code actually worked beautifully and I did not have to futz around with it anymore. I fear that this is appearing more and more simplistic than I thought it would be... But I don't want to add on parts just for the sake of making it more complicated.
Libraries, libraries, libraries. Finding this library made my life so much simpler
http://www.arduino.cc/playground/ComponentLib/Servo
All I did was manipulate the code so that it was just the HIGH input from the button, instead of a varied value from the potentiometer, and all was good. Most of the work now is going to be figuring out where to put the buttons and how to position the whole piece so that it can be stand-alone (since I used buttons instead of IR or ultrasonic sensors, which could have been put into the piece, I chose button/switches, which will have to be strategically placed around the piece). The trick is, how to get people to step on the buttons - either to make them "invisible" so that the viewer is unaware that they are stepping on them, or make them visible and figure out the problem of how to get people to stand/step on them without the stigma that comes with art and gallery spaces. What to do what to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment