Monday, November 23, 2009

Final Project Ideas

For my final project I was really unsure of what direction to go until I stumbled on a website highlighting the 10 most innovative instruments that have been created recently, or are still in the process of being created. I got inspired by the idea and was thinking of creating a garment that was essentially a large instrument in which each finger on the hand acted as a particular note.

Upon further discussion I think that I am going to be creating an outfit that has certain touchable points in which particular noises, sounds, or words are played on each point (the sounds will depend on what finger is touching the particular area). I have created a prototype of how the system would work with LEDs instead of noises.

Essentially the circuitry is rather simple, but sewing circuitry will definitely increase the difficulty. I am going to also be using a wave shield with my project, though I have yet to work with one yet. As for the content of the piece, I am still sorting through ideas, though I am thinking of using pop culture as a reference, as this is an interest of mine and (for obvious reasons) relates well to fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment