Monday, November 30, 2009

Final Update

Alright, so far I have finished making my mat and all of my switches. They are arranged in a grid pattern with 4 rows of 4. 8 of the stepping pads are real switches and 8 are dummy pads that signify incorrect movement.

I have also picked the quote that will be played aloud by the waveshield broken up into a few words a piece.

The quote reads, "Technology makes it possible for people to gain control over everything, except over technology."

I felt that this was an effective phrase to be put together as you walk through the maze. As you complete it and think that you're figuring out the path on your own, the words help remind you that you're actually operating under the control of the technology.

To take the point even further it will be read by an automated voice to get the sense that technology itself is speaking to the audience.

I still have to finish the code and wire the circuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment