Monday, November 9, 2009

Toilet Talk

This weekend I investigated both the Karma Cream bathroom, and the Starbucks (downtown) bathroom. Karma Cream does not have a visible bathroom - you have to go out the back door and down a flight of stairs. It is not easily accessible - without any previous knowledge, I could not have found it on my own. Though it was clean, it was dimly lit. It was a unisex bathroom, and I could not find anywhere to hang my purse. (This is important to me, I do not like my purse resting on wet porcelain.)

I work at Maudes Cafe, and I have to admit the Starbucks bathroom across the street is much more pleasant. At Starbucks, you do not have to leave the cafe and go down a creepy hallway to relieve yourself. The bathroom light has a motion sensor, which saves energy when it is unoccupied. It could be more sensitive, however - the lights turned off unexpectedly on me. The soap and paper towels were operated by sensors as well. In this race, Starbucks wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment