Monday, November 16, 2009

Final Project

For my piece I have made progress not only in my design and component selection, but also my conceptualization.

at the moment I am leaning towards a 1 meter by 1 meter white light box on the wall as the form factor for my piece. This design would fit in well with he rest of my current body of work and the minimal properties of the piece are very appealing to me. Im interested in how the light itself will affect the space and the viewer, so a minimal white light box would be a very effective way to focus attention on the light itself.

To build the box I plan on using plexi and wood for the frame, and LED strips from superbrightleds.com The LEDs will be easy to dim and brighten with arduino and the Ping sensor.

As for my concept, ive been reading Michael Fried's essay "Art and Objecthood" aswell as Rosiland Krauss' book Passages in Modern Sculpture. more on that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment