Thursday, December 17, 2015

Final Project Process 2



Supplies! So here's the deadl, the whole 'wings' thing is a lot more difficult than I previously anticipated.
the project is going to be a redux of project 2, and I'm going to use the code from sketch 2 as a base.

here ===>>






Supplies! 




I wanted to go for a solar-punk/cyberpunk feel, and part of solarpunk is definitely re-using and recycling. Here are some  elecrical cords and wires that I picked up from the re-purpose project to use as parts.


These wires are from the OP powerstrip that I dismantled earlier in the semester. I like their color, consider using it in the project. 


Some more parts. 



A metal piece that i found in a scrap pile. I don't actually know what it is from, but it is the perfect size to fit around my neck. Best choker material. I decided to make a techno-geek necklace out of it, using the same lilyTiny that I used to make the glitter-gloves out of.



Some jewelry wire, made out of colored copper. They're conductive enough to be used as connectors, so I can use it to make the project more physically attractive.


All the supplies laid out.



Cannibalizing the gloves for parts. Its not like i would use them for anything else. 


Most of the leds from Lilypad were green, decided just to go with it as far as color scheme goes.


attaching the LilyTiny and the coincell battery just with wires seemed risky, and prone to falling apart. Also I needed something to keep the conductive bits from touching my skin and shorting out. I decided to glue the lilyTiny to a blank metal locket. The locket was conductive, so lots of glue would be necessary as insulation.


the coin cell battery holder and  the LilyTiny are both pretty neat to look at, so I decided to treat both of them as pendants, and the focal points of the jewelry, despite not having leds.



Fritzing for the necklace. They didn't have a lilyTiny circuit so I used an accelerometer as a stand-in, since it has the same number of ports. 


stripping some of the smaller wires for the ground wires.

Attached both ground ports of coincell holder to ground of LilyTiny for stability and physical symmetry. Electrical tape was used as insulation and to add color.


Attaching cords to the outport ports on the lilyTiny.


The metal base turned out to be conductive in its own right, so I covered it with a layer of bright silver nail-polish, and a layer of clear nail-polish to serve as color and electrical insulation.




Now that the issue of conductivity was solved I began attaching the wires to the base.


Figuring the ground out was a bit of a challenge. 



Almost finished!






Creating the armband out of felt.


Wanted to make it pretty, so I used some of these attractive metal buttons I purchased from jo-anns.





Chose these 



Covered the wires in green ribbon to make it more aesthetically pleasing. 


The reclaimed wires are much thicker than the other wires, there's a lot of exposed metal. 


Electrical tape to the rescue, again!


E600 glue to attach the circuits. (apparently It can give you cancer?)
------
So the glue didn't work out, had to sew the circuits on. Which is what they're made for anyway? I don't know why I didn't do that to begin with?









  // the setup routine runs once when you press reset:
    void setup() {
      // initialize serial communication at 9600 bits per second:
      Serial.begin(9600);
      pinMode(11, OUTPUT);
      pinMode(10, OUTPUT);
      pinMode(9, OUTPUT);
      digitalWrite(11, LOW);
      digitalWrite(10, LOW);
      digitalWrite(9, LOW);
    }

    // the loop routine runs over and over again forever:
    void loop() {
      // read the input on analog pin 0:
      int xValue = analogRead(A3);
      delay(1);
      int yValue = analogRead(A4);
      delay(1);
      int zValue = analogRead(A5);


      Serial.println(" "); // Makes a space between the readings

 //making leds glow

 float mappedx = map(xValue, 230, 390, 50, 255 );
 float mappedy = map(yValue, 230, 390, 50, 255 );
 float mappedz = map(zValue, 230, 390, 50, 255 );

analogWrite(11, mappedx);
analogWrite(10, mappedy);
analogWrite(9, mappedz);

      delay(100);

}



No comments:

Post a Comment