Friday, December 18, 2015

Kayla Evans 12/18 Final Project Process

Documentation of the creation of my final project, in-progress:
The initial phases of my interface, created using plywood:


The main box, stained ebony:
I then followed Charlie's advice regarding creating a small box to hold my fan and dust sensor together. I created two frames, one for each component/sensor, that I then attached together using wooden dowels. 

I stained the small rack, and gave my interface a second coat of stain.


Image of my perma board in-progress. After troubleshooting with Charlie about possible reasons why the dust sensor didn't work for my second mini-project, resistors were added in parallel and in-series to help bring the voltage that the dust sensor's LED received closer to that used in the example code and schematic from http://arduinodev.woofex.net/2012/12/01/standalone-sharp-dust-sensor/



My dust sensor stopped functioning properly again, so I troubleshot with Charlie; he suggested soldering the components directly into my perma board, which solved the issue:
(video shot by Adreenah Wynn)
An initial, tentative placement of my circuit inside of the interface:

A final shot of my box, assembled, with the piece of metal attached to the motor:


No comments:

Post a Comment