Friday, December 11, 2015

12/11 - Semester Project Process post #8 - Jen Herrera

The interface(plush) is currently being built! It's about 60% there I would say. The overall project I would estimate at 80% finished, with a few days left to go.

The housing for the LED matrix and the arduino:



The hidden zipper compartment for the extended life battery:


Embroidered 'touch' area made of conductive thread:
(seen from behind)

As for the content of it, I decided to follow through with my last concept iteration, in which I decided that the matrix should not display any recognizable words or symbols, but should be made of abstract compositions that might invite interpretation. In this way, even if the viewer gathers meaning from the 'cat''s reaction, it is merely the human interpretation of animal thoughts, just like in real life.

Since I wrote about that concept, I have put together 4 compositions that will be displayed on the matrix, one each time that the cat's back is pet.

Compositions:




I think I'm doing well with the time that's left. I just have to keep on sewing and get this thing assembled! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment