Friday, December 18, 2015

ANNIE KLOPP | Multimeter Activity

Continuity 

Continuity can be measured by simply touching the negative and positive ends of the multimeter together. When I do this with this multimeter, I get a continuous beeping sound.


Resistance


I used several various resistors in my kit for this activity.


Voltage

I measured a 9V battery as well as a power adapter, since they mentioned you can measure these as well. These results came out to roughly the same voltage but not the exact same.  For example, 9V battery ended up having slightly over 9V of power.
this is the power adapter I used. 



Current 

You must actually break the circuit to measure current!  There is a warning that this can be a dangerous thing to measure.  I measured a simple LED circuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment