Monday, October 12, 2015

10/12 - City Nights, Comments/Crit Mini Project

Comments for City Night:
(This piece responds to changes of light. The stars flicker in the dark.)

Name:                        Comments:
Aaron     Oooooh it twinkles. Nice work with the conductive thread. What is the component that you left on the face of the embroidery? Really like the texture of that thread; I hope you plan to make more embroideries. It seems like a really cool technique to explore.

Erica -- Love it. I hope you plan to take this idea further. Good craftsmanship and the idea is really fun. reminds me of home/female craft, which would be really interesting to talk more about. I wonder if you could place the sensor behind the fabric and maybe have a small hole, but at the same time i really like seeing the sensor because it seems like new take on grandma's home-sweet-home embroidery

Annie- This mini project definitely reminds me of the dandelion painting. It looks complete as a project and walks a great balance between being an electronically based project, yet having details to it that make it an artistic experience for the viewer. I like that your work is often very delicate and subtle. This falls in line with your style of work and therefore could be considered a complete project and more than a mini project to me.

Dreezy - This visually looks great but with the initial set up I couldn't watch how it actually worked. Once I turned the light on, I figured out how to get it to work properly. I really enjoyed interacting with this piece, so if you have an installation where the viewer is interacting and in charge of the light it would be great. Nice work.

ivette- I am really impressed by the stitches and the use of the lily pad. you're too good. I think the next step would have some kind of interaction or pattern along with the lights. have them go crazy. if you want. i can definitely see this becoming a part of your final plush project.

Madeline - JEN oh man the twinklies are so cute! The twinkling effect really adds to the effect. I think it's a really neat interactive (in a sense....not with the viewer but with the environment) piece. It would definitely be a cute thing to hang in a room or something and watch throughout the day. I think I would play more with intensity or time or something? Like as it gets darker, the lights get brighter or something.

Maria - Very homey. Your skills show here with the embroidery, it definitely has a nostalgic feeling of home and nights in the big city.

George - This is really cool. It makes me relaxed when i look a it. It makes me feel like I'm looking at a skyline on top of a building. m taking this home, thanks

Tatyana- it's aight.

Shimul - ^^^^SERIOUSLY, TATYANA?? Lol anyways -- this is mad cool Jen. I think this is such a great foundation for the rest of your work in this class. Flickering lights/stars is a nice touch but I would be interested in seeing you create a more substantial concept as opposed to creating something simply for aesthetic purpose (which is of course fine for the mini-projects, but I mean for the final!) Maybe think about the history of hand-sewing or embroidering something and what that meant for many people before machinery took over. Or even something similar to those trendy embroidery hoops that reference the style of older hoops with nice sayings on them, but instead have "modern" phrases. I think there's a lot of potential with the combination of newer tech and an old-fashioned way of crafting.

The form, concept and the sensor you choose,  all together very helpful to see the final  project. I just imagine that how it would be like if you had lots of LED  like night city. if you had some LED with blinking and some others not blinking. In General, I like your exploration  to find forms and matching with LEDs working. Setareh

Kris- Very Starry night. Love it because it makes me feel things. Good things. Simple and beautiful. Your embroidery is on point.

Totally like that video we watched the flower painting. All of your work reminds me of your personality. Like you have your own stilo and that is so cool.

Kelsey- I want this in my bedroom :D  I really like that you used the Lilly pad for this. I can't imagine how much research went into learning how to use this new arduino pad. I really like touching it too. it's really soft and soothing.

The interface is really well done. As we just verbally said, think about the threshold of the photosensor. very sweet. cater

I really like the way that this piece creates an interactive drawing; it also has a softness to it due to the material used, which hides the sensors and electrical components that were used. It would be interesting to have light sensors hidden throughout the fabric -Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment