Wednesday, October 21, 2015

10/21 - Semester Project Process #2 - Jen Herrera

Since proposing my semester project, I've been focused on gathering a list of the materials I need to construct it. My first mini-project was a good exercise in working with conductive thread. I made plenty of mistakes and was able to fix them in time, so I hope that learning from those mistakes will save me trouble when I work on the final plush. I still have a lot of bits to work out, and I'm especially nervous about the LED Matrix and hooking that up. I don't think coding that will be difficult, but I have no idea how wiring that will go. I want to get a matrix in the mail before the 2nd mini project so that I can start working for it.

At the moment I need to:
1. Order supplies
2. Figure out how each component will work seperately
3. Make a mock-up pattern for the plush interface.

Conceptually, I need to tighten up which direction I want to go. When you touch the sensors on the plush, will it work predictably? Be frustrating and random? Or be unexpected but systematic?

No comments:

Post a Comment