Monday, October 12, 2015

Mini project1 feedback

The project is about interaction of two different languages, and I want to test that how it works with LED lighting. I try to use proximity sensor  with two different colors  LED . And it depends on the motion that the LEDs light is turning on and fading. I intend use proximity sensor that with motion each LEDS is going on next to each other and shows the two colors  which have a text background.

Maria - The proximity sensor is a good idea. The sensor ideally needs to be attached to the paper, but I can see where you're making your concept. The different colored LEDs help with the changing words.

-Kayla - I really like the texture and visual of the paper roll. The role of the sensor to show the different words is pretty lost. I would suggest using longer wiring so the arduino is not sticking out of the side. The role simply laid on a shelf with the lights wire inside and the arduino away would look really elegant. I would also consider choosing some different LED colors that resonate with your paper color. I love your idea and excited to see your semester project! -Aaron
I really like the use of color in the paper as well as the elegant display of the text; the high-contrast writing makes the way that it's illuminated really beautiful. It would be interesting to see another sensor built into the other side of the tube as well.

Kelsey- I like the paper you used although it made me want to touch it so I assumed the sensor might have been attached to the paper somehow.  I think having the IR proximity integrated more into the presentation would help with your concept as well.

Shimul - I think the idea of this is very cool but as mentioned above, I'd love to see the sensor integrated into the paper somehow. Right now, the paper feels detached from the piece a bit. I do love the choice of paper though. The illumination of text is visually pleasing.

Annie- I saw something happen to the LEDs when I hovered my hand near your project. I like that you used light to reveal the script text.  In the META class I took in the spring, we did something similar where we illuminated and revealed messages by using a similar technique.  You could definitely use this tactic to create a very cool project, there is so much you can do with this even though it is only paper, light, and text.

Erica -- I like the idea, I'm excited to see you work with this concept more. I think you need a different kind of sensor, maybe one that works like a trip wire. Also, you might be able to get more of that layered/disappearing/appearing effect if you have the LEDs layered separately between two sheets of paper. keep working with it! :)

Kris- This is a very fascinating concept and I really think you could go somewhere very interesting with it. I agree with the above comments that the paper should be made into some sort of sliding sensor. Perhaps you could look into conductive fabric, or conductive paint? Something to think about.  And maybe choose different LEDs? the green and red work well, but the green LEDs aren't really bright enough to offset the red. The illuminated text is also visually interesting, but coming from the idea of two languages converging, maybe you could make paper that has one language on one side and the other language on the other?

George
Its like the note doesn't want yo to read it. when you get closer to it it turns off.the text is very interesting an I like the font that you use. Was it handwritten? I can't wait to see your final project and concept, with the language and mixing-and-matching!

Madeline - I think visually the paper is so beautiful, with the writing, and I love the image of the light illuminating the words from inside. I guess I'm a little confused by the green lights? I'm not sure if the sensor is acting up but the green lights seem to turn on at random? However, i really like the visuals, as I mentioned, and I want to see this expanded upon. Good luck!

ivette- i really like the words and the lights illuminating the paper. I think you could use more lights to make the rest of the paper easier to read. i'm glad you got the proximity sensor to work!!

I like this idea. I would think about the color of the lights and get the lights to highlight more text than just one end. I like the color and texture of the material that was written on. I kind of like that the word green is associated with the word, start.

Tatyana- Definitely like you presentation with this piece; the illumination of the writing is very interesting. I think the paper source could be a bit thinner, or the light slightly brighter. As of right now, I think the simple red LED works best without the green. I know for your project you want both, but perhaps for the next mini project, you could hone in on the addition of the green light to act with the red.

Dreezy- I think this piece is interesting but I think that it needs to be incorporated with ore from your culture. Merging what you have now with your original idea can be something to explore. I would experiment more with the different types of paper and what that papers says. Question, is there your writing on the paper or did you buy it like this?

Jen - The piece is aesthetically pleasing. I like the way that the LED illuminates words on the translucent cover. The IR sensor is definitely working, but I wish that the green light was as powerful as the red light. It's hard to tell what exactly is being illuminated. This is something you could work on in the future but I definitely see that the concept for your final project is present.

No comments:

Post a Comment