Monday, October 12, 2015

Mini Project 1 Crit

Press the button to stop LED 1 and Servo 1 in their track.



  1. I'm not sure if I got it to work right but it seems intricate and cool. 
  2. It does stop but how do you turn it back on? oh no nvm it starts by itself. I like all the other blinking lights and i wonder how to get the other LEDs to do stuff too. I think you can definitely expand on this. 
  3. I wasnt sure if i push the button to turn it on to do something else because it seems automatic. My next question is how did you get it to be automatic? that's pretty cool. 
  4. It took me a while to getit but i got it. It was intricate. It reminds me of a crazy science lad or factory. Alot is going on. Intriguing. 
  5. Jen - I pushed the button and got the servo to stop. The LED 1 was never on as far as I can tell. I tried resetting it, but it never came back on.
I am not sure what the reaction is supposed to be. I pressed the button, but nothing is changing. What is the relationship between the lights and the motors? Is there significance to the two motors having different rotors? Katerie

I like the idea of having the servos stop, then after a few moments go back to running; it's a good way to keep the motor movement continuous.  However, I'm not sure what servo 2's function is; it may be extreneous. Also, LED 1 seems like it's not wired to the pushbutton -Kayla



Dreezy- Great job, it works and looks nice. But if it had a little more concept or meaning behind why we are stopping Servo 1 I would appreciate it even more.

It takes a little bit for the servo to turn on so I was concerned it might not be working but you're here and you can see that it does work so nevermind. I'm curious how the servo turning relates to the LED (is it that everytime the servo finishes a rotation, an LED blinks?) -Madeline

Maria - It seems that your project is set to random? When I press the button it leaves the left LED on or off. After that it turns itself back on. And servo 1 stops too. If you want the other LED and servo to stop, you probably need another button. I like the randomness.

Shimul - Interesting mechanism. I think the idea of being able to stop the functionality of the motors is intriguing and I'd love to see it paired with something to give it some sort of purpose. Like maybe there's a fan attached to the motor and pressing the button stops it from blowing wind or something. I also wonder if you could do something durational - like holding a pressure sensor and having it stop or slow while the sensor is being pressed. Or maybe utilizing a potentiometer somehow.

Aaron - I agree with the overall sentiment above. You have some very nice mechanics going on and they would be better emphasized paired with some other context, objects, or housing. Nice work on the servos --- THEY'RE ALIVE.

Kris- interesting idea but the button does not work. The servos are very cute, you could maybe work with anthropomorphizing them. You could attach a proximity sensor so the start moving when people approach. like small pets that want you to notice them.

. Great job you use LED and servo motors. The idea of have some thing to start with people interaction would be good. Maybe it jus needs some a little bite  changes instead of randoming.  Setareh

Tatyana - The randomness is intriguing and captivating. I got one of the servo motors to stop and start again, and it's association with the lights it visually pleasing as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment