Monday, October 12, 2015

10/12 - Signal Mini-Project Critique


INSTRUCTIONS
This piece senses light and the LEDs light up when light shines upon the photoresistor in the right side of the box (much like the Constellaction video I showed in my proposal the other day.) Please use a flashlight on your phone to shine light in the covered area. If you don't have a flashlight, you can just carefully lift the box to see the LEDs light up when there is a shift in the amount of light.

CRITIQUE

  1. You chose something that you could use as a platform for many other projects. The light turning on when you lift the box is simple but works perfectly. You could incorporate this mini project into plenty of other projects. 
  2. Jen- Works well and reliably! Like the commenter above, I definitely think that you could build on this for another project! I like the apparatus you used to block out the light. Simple but effective. 
  3. Thuis was cool, I like the look of the box too. Im sure it was hard to get the code right. cool Sketch!
  4. I like the idea of the spotlight activating the LEDs. How might you tell viewers to shine a light into your contained space without any sort of directions? And what other shapes could you use other than a cube maybe to convey another concept beyond the container?
  5. Also agree with OP, lots of other applications for this. Something to build on, but very amusing. could maybe use 3d printing, make an object that lights up when you open the box. 
  6. This works really well, the photoresistor is perfectly sensitive and I like the idea of this sort of backwards utility--the light only turns on when theres already light. It sort of plays with the idea of waste in an interesting way.
  7. i really like you backwards night light. i think you could use more sensors next time and see what would happen!!! what if the lights never ended???
  8.  You so smaaaarrt! Seriously so cool, and I really enjoy how responsive the device is. Great job!
  9. Kelsey- I really like how you basically replicated exactly what you showed us in that video because the video made it seem like a big complex thing but you broke it down to a simpler form. You could do something really cool with this on a larger scale. I wonder if there is any way you could make the LEDs light up one at a time.
  10. I take of the box and the lights go on. My first impulse is to put my hand over the blank area on top of the box and see if does something. I also get a little worried that I m not putting the box back currently. KAterie
  11. Next time, think about providing everything we need to view it. a moving door would be nice if there isn't a flash light. I say that because my first reaction was to cover the hole in the top. I like the idea! i'm excited to see you do more with it. --Erica
  12. i absolutely love this idea. someone had to show me how to use it though because i didnt see the instructions. i'm definitely going to need you to show me how to make this. if you continue going on this route maybe make it where ppl can tell that it interacts with light
  13. Dreezy - Nice work! I love the interaction. If you have multiple of these and an awesome concept you could take your project to the next level! I still hope you incorporate your culture into this piece. 
  14. I like the idea of having an LED react to additional light, as well as the fact that it's enclosed. It would be interesting to place the LEDs at different distances and have them light up at different brightnesses based off of one light source -Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment