Wednesday, October 21, 2015

10/21 - Shimul Progress Post FINAL PROJECT

I don't have much physical progress for my final project yet but I do have some conceptual process. I am essentially changing my entire concept that I proposed the other week, actually. I just felt pretty uninspired by the idea that I had so I tried to brainstorm some more.

I still really like the idea of using a photocell as my main sensor because I did my mini-project based all around a photocell with some LEDs. I want to go back to the artists that I did research on a couple of weeks ago and maybe explore something with drawing machines. I like the idea of creating something autonomous that can create art on its own but rather than just make something that draws traditionally with paint or pencil, I want to maybe create something that "draws" in light.

This summer, I took the 2D/3D class in which we discussed "mark-making" and how one can make a mark using different media. Light is actually a valid medium for making marks in the form of shadows, silhouettes, or colors. I would like to find a way to make a machine that creates unique, randomized light drawings, perhaps by utilizing colored plexiglass and different kinds of LEDs.

While I'm not entirely sure if this is what I want to do for my final project, I do feel far more connected to this idea than I did the moon one.

No comments:

Post a Comment