Thursday, October 22, 2015

Manga Part 2 page 36-80

1.     Document yourself creating some static electricity and post to blog. Use the triboelectric series to decide which materials to use to generate static electricity.

This practice reminds me, when I was kid I always remember that my mom and me for my birthday rub the balloons to our hair and put it on the wall without any hanging and it almost more than 2 or 3 days it was on the wall.

2.     Contrast the speed of an electron with the speed of electrical motion in one sentence.

Flow of the electrons is opposite direction of the current.


3.     Briefly explain the relationship between resistance and energy. Use an example from your house.

Resistance controls and measure how difficulty to move electric current and      change it to produce the energy.
Measured by Ohms (Ω).  R= V/I    For example when I turn on the light (Lamp) the  light flows frrom electrecial energy and outlet ,then transfer to light enegy




4.     What is the difference in AC and DC current? Give and example of each from your daily life. If you get shocked,
Ac: Alternating current(Electricity from an electric outlet and the direction is always changing)  , Dc: Direct Current(Direction of electricity and the size of  the current are fixed).
I remember that I couldn’t use my hair Iron from home here because the voltage and current was totally different and it wasn’t heat enough in United States

5. Determine the equivalent resistance of a 6.0 Ω and a 8.0 Ω resistor if …
a. … connected in series:
b. … connected in parallel:

connected in series: For connection two resistance in a line
R1+R2…….6+8=14R

connected in parallel: For connection two resistance Side by side
R1xR2/R1+R2…….. 6x8/14=3.4


No comments:

Post a Comment