Monday, October 12, 2015

10/12 Mini Project Crit/ Comments Lava Mood Lamps

TELL ME YOUR THOUGHTS


i like the colors. for a minute i thought i was suppose to do something to it but it's nice to just look at them changing color. I like the addition of the paper roll thingies. I want to see how the next thing will be. Instead of using paper what would you use. plexiglass or color transparencies. IDK... Good job! 

I like  your idea. it is almost close to my idea that how the colors of LED can be changed.  you choose other way that it works with light sensor that is very interesting way.how it could be cool is you use some forms and shape in your paper:) Setareh

Maria - They're like lava lamps!! Instead of paper, use a semi-opaque cup. The slow changing colors is very soothing.

Erica-- Is it just pretty changing lights? It's unclear to me if I am supposed to interact with it or just look at it. I think a lot of that could possibly be solved by having a lid

I think I agree with Erica about the idea of the lid. I like th form of the cylinders. What is the significance of the the form and the fact that there are two of them. Am I supposed to get them to match? IS the goal for them to be the same color?I think there might need to be a closer distance between the sensor and the interactor. I am a little concerned that the tube is in the way of the sensor getting read.

The concept of this is really clever and unintentionally soothing. I think it may have been pretty neat and if you used something other than paper to project the light. Your idea is so cool but the paper kinda brings it down a little.

I wish there was some form of interaction with it, it looks cool and i like how the colour of the wires reflect ton the paper. Maybe you can add some kind of sensor of something to it. 

Dreezy- I visually love this piece. With a good concept this piece will be very, very strong. First thing is first your sketch is working, once you move to making it practical or working on a larger scale it will elevate it greatly.

I think that the Lights are really beautiful in this cylindrical shape, very soothing, and the duality of them makes me think that maybe they do (or could) interact with each other, which may be interesting? Maybe a more sophisticated looking shade (instead of rolled paper) could take this to the next level. What happened to your mood LED??

Is there any interaction with this piece? It's definitely soothing to see the softly fading colors but I feel like I'm missing something. I would love to be able to control the lights somehow. Great idea to use the paper to diffuse the light, though. It definitely sets a different mood than if you just have glaringly bright LEDs visible. 

Aaron- The lighting effects create are really smooth. Nice work getting using good coding to produce satisfying visuals. Seeing some of the arduino wire shadows projected on the paper tube makes me wonder how you could play more with shadows or translucent materials to further expand the colorful effect. I really liked the suggestion to make this piece larger. It wouldn't be too difficult to upscale it and could really envelope viewers.

Jen- The lights changing looks really beautiful. I'm not sure if there is any sort of user input. I've tried exploring for some, which could be interesting in itself. I agree with some of the people above that this would be really stunning if it were large scale. 

Kelsey- I saw it work correctly and it was really cool. It was like a mood light. It kept turning yellow with me but would turn other colors with other people. I like the idea that it is changing colors according to your mood but that it is really just changing colors according to the difference in light. I really really like that it is unique to every person that interacts with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment