Friday, October 2, 2015

10/2 - Mini Project 1 Planning, Post #2 - Jen Herrera

I've been researching more into the LilyPad and I definitely need to get one ordered ASAP.
They have a set that comes with a lilypad, LEDs, and sensors that I think would be a good start.

For my first project, I want to keep it simple and use an embroidery hoop. My current plan is to embroider a representation of a city. While the lights are on, you can only see the buildings. Using a photoresistor, I hope that I can turn off the lights and have embroidered LED 'stars' or constellations (as they will likely be connected by the conductive  thread) illuminate in the sky while the city is lost.

This is really mostly to practice with e-sewing for the final project, but I recognize that concept is important in these mini projects as well. It's a simple one, but I'm sure everyone is familiar with the sad fact that the stars are practically impossible to see with the light pollution from a city. By turning off the lights, you can experience the stars.

Rough plan:


No comments:

Post a Comment